Game cheats are an age old scourge to competitive events of any variety, and even the miniature gaming hobby has seen its fair share of controversies over the years. In this day and age of sometimes extensive gameplay coverage over media platforms, the liklihood of something out of the ordinary being spotted grows higher and higher – but is it all bad? In this episode we discuss the potential risks of cheating in the miniature gaming hobby, as well as the impacts it can and has had in various competitive arenas.
Intro & Show News (00:59)
- - Episode sponsors: BattleFoam – Protect your army! & Audible – Grab a FREE audio book today! (For details on how to sponsor an episode, check out the “Show Support” page here.)
Hobby Update (46:42)
- - The majesty of Smaug revealed by Games Workshop <Link>
- - Warhammer End Times upheaval continues <Link>
- - New 40K starter set & base size controversy <Link>
- - Tyranids latest arrivals <Link>
- - GW Advent Calendar surprises <Link>
- - Fantasy Flight Games merges with Asmodee Group <Link>
The Dark Side of Competitive Gaming (01:22:05)
- - It’s a sad fact that where competition exists, so too do the unsavoury sorts that take their form of competitiveness too far in order to gain advantage. We discuss the impacts that cheating can have on miniature gaming tournaments, how to look out for it, and what to do if you’re ever unlucky enough to see it happen!
Deep Strike (02:25:25)
- - We tackle the latest in tough questions from the miniature gaming industry.
If you’d like to leave us some feedback on this episode, please drop us a line at email@example.com
Thanks for listening, and we hope you enjoy the show!