Mike’s back on deck for our longest hobby episode yet! Love it or hate it, figure painting is a huge part of the miniature gaming hobby. Some spend all their time on it, whereas others will only ever pick up a brush with a gun to their head. So what happens when painting becomes a requirement for participating? We take a look at the impacts that mandatory painting standards can have, as well as discuss strategies on how to rise to the challenge and deal with them.
Grab some brushes and plug in for a marathon show. It’s time to add some colour to your games!
Intro & Show News (01:45)
- - Episode sponsors: BattleFoam – Protect your army! & Audible – Grab a FREE audio book today! (For details on how to sponsor an episode, check out the “Show Support” page here.)
Hobby Update (52:40)
- - New Infinity stuff on the way <Link>
- - Malifaux Gencon releases and exclusives <Link>
- - Privateer Press announces Hordes “Devastation” <Link>
- - The Age of Sigmar flood continues <Link>
- - Kingdom Death’s “Monster” up for preorder <Link>
Painting Requirements (01:15:44)
- - A barrier to entry for some, but a iron in the fire of painting productivity for others! We chat about all of the possible reasons why miniature painting may become an enforced requirement on occasion, as well as the pros and cons in driving such a standard.
Bulk Painting Strategies (02:08:27)
- - Getting a force done for a mandatory requirement can be tricky, especially when you make an enemy of time itself. We explore a range of tips and strategies on how to complete such a project with ease, and discuss some of the personal demons that an average painter could face in meeting their goals.
Deep Strike (03:24:01)
- - We tackle the latest in tough questions from the miniature gaming industry.
If you’d like to leave us some feedback on this episode, please drop us a line at email@example.com
Thanks for listening, and we hope you enjoy the show!