Like dropping a fat stack of chips on a seemingly solid poker hand, there’s always an element of risk and uncertainty when it comes to riding the crowd funding wave as a project backer. In this episode, we help you strengthen that gamble by chatting about the ins and outs of sites like Kickstarter and what qualities to look for when investing in a gaming project. Reece from Frontline Gaming drops in to chat about their recent Kickstarter success, as well as give us the lowdown on the upcoming Las Vegas Open event and other fun projects in the miniature gaming wheelhouse.
And remember – what happens at the End, stays at the End!
Intro & Show News (01:14)
- - Episode sponsors: BattleFoam – Protect your army! & Audible – Grab a FREE audio book today! (For details on how to sponsor an episode, check out the “Show Support” page here.)
Hobby Update (42:44)
- - Spartan Games announces Halo licence <Link>
- - Privateer Press reveals the next generation of Warmachine Colossals <Link>
- - PP launches Steamroller & Masters 2015 formats <Link>
- - 40K Harlequins begin their deadly dance <Link>
- - Warhammer End Times book 5 news <Link>
Industy Interview: Reece Robbins / Frontline Gaming (01:18:31)
- - The brains behind the massive Las Vegas Open wargaming convention – Reece joins us for a great chat about the event, general 40K tournaments in the US, what Frontline Gaming has been up to, and the success of their latest joint venture gaming table accessory, the FAT mat!
- - Frontline Gaming <Link>
Crowd Funding (02:12:26)
- - Kickstarter, Indiegogo,.. you’ve probably heard the names. In recent years, crowd funding has taken the gaming industry by storm and thrown open the doors to a whole new generation of content creators eager to share their wares with the general gaming public. We revisit some of the most successful crowd funded gaming projects in recent history, some of the failures, and give some general advice on what to look out for and expect for anyone planning on becoming a project backer.
Community Update (02:53:51)
- - We drop a few bits of news pertinent to our show community, as well as some information for any budding contributors out there!
If you’d like to leave us some feedback on this episode, please drop us a line at email@example.com
Thanks for listening, and we hope you enjoy the show!