What kind of madness posesses a games company to take one of its longest running, most successful titles – and rip it usunder in a brutal maelstrom of change? In this episode we go on a quest for answers as we travel to the End Times and back to see just what Games Workshop has been up to with their recent moves in the Warhammer world, and what will come when the dust settles.
Simon Addicott also drops in for a Batman Miniatures game update, and we have a special guest from across the pond in the form of Warhammer veteran Ben Curry to talk shop with!
Intro & Show News (00:43)
- - Episode sponsors: BattleFoam – Protect your army! & Audible – Grab a FREE audio book today! (For details on how to sponsor an episode, check out the “Show Support” page here.)
Hobby Update (46:54)
- - X-Wing wave 7 prepares to launch <Link>
- - Privateer Press previews the upcoming Warmachine Reckoning <Link>
- - GW unleashes their Execution Force <Link>
- - More Imperial Knights march into the battlefields of 40K <Link>
Warhammer Fastasy Battle: The End? (01:05:17)
- - A lot has changed in the Old World over the last year, with many Warhammer players looking on in confusion as their beloved game setting burns around them. Ben Curry from the Bad Dice Podcast joins us for an in-depth discussion about the End Times series of expansions, the current state of Warhammer, as well as what to fear or look forward to as we approach the upcoming 9th edition launch!
- - The Bad Dice Podcast <Link>
Deep Strike (02:22:53)
- - We tackle the latest in tough questions from the miniature gaming industry.
If you’d like to leave us some feedback on this episode, please drop us a line at email@example.com
Thanks for listening, and we hope you enjoy the show!